The inaugural assembly of RINGS took place at Örebro University, October 23-24, 2014. The inaugural meeting was attended by representatives of 21 centres from 14 countries, with further 16 further institutions showing interest in joining. The current participating centres span Africa, Australia, the Caribbean, Europe and North America. The meeting approved the constitution and created working groups.
The 2nd General Assembly of RINGS took place at Centre for Gender and Science, Prague, November 6, 2015. The meeting was attended by representatives of 22 centres from 13 countries, with apologies from 12 further representatives. RINGS now has over 40 member institutions.
A Transitional Executive Committee (TEC), for the coming year, was elected, of the following institutions:
- • Centre for Gender and Science, Prague, Czech Republic (Katerina Cidlinska)
- • Centre for Women’s Studies, University of York, UK (Gabriele Griffin);
- • Department of Women’s and Gender Studies, University of the Western Cape, South Africa (Tammy Shefer);
- • EDDA and UNU-GEST, University of Iceland, Iceland (Irma Erlingdóttir);
- • Faye Gale Centre, University of Adelaide, Australia (Richard Howson);
- • GEXcel Collegium (Örebro University), Sweden (Jeff Hearn);
- • Graduate Gender Programme/Netherlands Research School, Utrecht University, the Netherlands (Rosemarie Buikema),
with the following officers:
Chairperson: Jeff Hearn (email@example.com);
Secretary: Gabriele Griffin (firstname.lastname@example.org);
Treasurer: Tamara Shefer (email@example.com);
Membership Secretary: Katerina Cidlinska (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For inquiries about institutional membership please contact Jeff Hearn and Katerina Cidlinska.